Winnipeg apartment block evacuated in early morning carbon monoxide incident

Snow that was blocking a rooftop gas furnace was the likely cause of a carbon monoxide incident in a Winnipeg apartment building, the Winnipeg Fire and Paramedic Service (WFPS) said.

The incident, which saw the four-storey Fairhaven Road building evacuated, occurred early Thursday morning.

Read more: 3 sent to hospital after carbon monoxide exposure at Winnipeg home

WFPS monitoring equipment confirmed the presence of carbon monoxide in a number of locations throughout the apartment block, and three residents were treated on-scene by paramedics but didn’t require hospitalization.

After Manitoba Hydro repaired the problem, WFPS crews ventilated the building, and the residents — who had been taking shelter on Winnipeg Transit buses — were allowed to return to their suites.

Click to play video 'No carbon monoxide detectors at Winnipeg hotel where 46 fell ill after poisoning' No carbon monoxide detectors at Winnipeg hotel where 46 fell ill after poisoning

No carbon monoxide detectors at Winnipeg hotel where 46 fell ill after poisoning – Nov 22, 2019

Advertisement

© 2020 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

View original article here Source