Five cats and one hamster were found dead in a home on McCalman Avenue in Winnipeg after it caught fire Thursday morning.
Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service said when crews got there, heavy black smoke was coming from the home and the only person inside had already escaped.
The blaze is believed to be accidental and caused by the improper use of a candle, firefighters said.
1 person killed in New Year’s Day house fire on Manitoba First Nation, RCMP say
&© 2024 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.
View original article here Source