WINDSOR — Windsor police say they seized a loaded gun and substantial amount of drugs in the city’s downtown core.
The Windsor Police Service Drugs and Guns (DIGS) Unit was actively investigating suspected drug trafficking on Thursday and a male suspect was identified.
Investigators obtained judicial authorization to search a motel room located in the 2800 block of Howard Avenue.
At 3 p.m., officers found the suspect in the 600 block of Victoria Avenue and arrested him.
Police say further investigation revealed he had a loaded firearm during the arrest.
Almost 300 grams of fentanyl and Canadian cash was also seized during the arrest.
At 3:20 p.m., the search warrant was executed at the involved motel room.
A 53-year-old Windsor man is charged with:
- Possession of a Controlled Substance for the purpose of trafficking – fentanyl
- Possession of a Controlled Substance for the purpose of trafficking – hydromorphone x2
- Possession of a Controlled Substance for the purpose of trafficking – cocaine
- Possession of a Controlled Substance – methamphetamine
- Hernandez is also charged with seven firearms/ammunition related charges.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Windsor Police at 519-255-6700 ext. 4361, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 519-258-8477 (TIPS) or online at www.catchcrooks.com.