OTTAWA — Following two straight days of less than 200 cases of COVID-19 in Ottawa, Public Health Ontario is reporting 279 new cases of COVID-19 in the capital.
Across Ontario, there are 3,682 cases of COVID-19 on Thursday. Public health officials reported 1,131 new cases in Toronto, 507 cases in Peel Region and 436 in York Region.
The 279 new cases of COVID-19 in Ottawa on Thursday follows 181 new cases on Wednesday and 186 new cases on Tuesday.
Ottawa Public Health will provide a full update on the COVID-19 situation in Ottawa at approximately 12 p.m.
COVID-19 TESTING IN OTTAWA
The Ottawa COVID-19 Testing Taskforce reported 1,884 swabs were processed at assessment centres in Ottawa on April 20.
A total of 5,659 lab tests were performed on Tuesday.
The average turnaround from the time the swab is taken at a testing site to the result is 20 hours.
COVID-19 CASES ACROSS THE REGION
- Eastern Ontario Health Unit: 64 cases
- Hastings Prince Edward Public Health: Nine new cases
- Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington Public Health: Eight new cases
- Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit: 10 new cases
- Renfrew County and District Health Unit: 12 new cases
View original article here Source