OTTAWA — Public Health Ontario is reporting 57 new cases of COVID-19 in Ottawa on Sunday.
A full local snapshot from Ottawa Public Health is due this afternoon. Figures from OPH often differ from those provided by Public Health Ontario because the two health agencies pull data for their respective daily snapshot reports at different times of the day.
Across Ontario, health officials confirmed another 784 cases. Six more Ontarians have died because of COVID-19, including two people whose deaths happened more than a month ago and were added Sunday in a data cleanup. Another 738 existing cases are now considered resolved.
Across the region, Public Health Ontario added 35 new cases, including: 16 in the Eastern Ontario Health Unit; three in Hastings Prince Edward; six in Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington; three in Leeds, Grenville and Lanark; and seven in Renfrew County.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says of the 784 new cases of COVID-19 reported on Sunday, 602 cases are in individuals who are not fully vaccinated or have an unknown vaccination status and 182 are in fully vaccinated individuals.
Full hospital data is not available on Sundays because some hospitals do not report to the province on weekends.
Ottawa Public Health data suggest unvaccinated residents are 14 times more likely to contract COVID-19 than fully vaccinated residents are.
COVID-19 VACCINES IN OTTAWA
Ottawa Public Health updates vaccine numbers on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
As of Friday:
- Ottawa residents with 1 dose (12+): 801,625
- Ottawa residents with 2 doses (12+): 743,136
- Share of population 12 and older with at least one dose: 87 per cent
- Share of population 12 and older fully vaccinated: 81 per cent
- Total doses received in Ottawa: 1,402,040
*Total doses received does not include doses shipped to pharmacies and primary care clinics, but statistics on Ottawa residents with one or two doses includes anyone with an Ottawa postal code who was vaccinated anywhere in Ontario.
CASES OF COVID-19 AROUND THE REGION
- Eastern Ontario Health Unit: 16 new cases
- Hastings Prince Edward Public Health: Three new cases
- Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington Public Health: Six new cases
- Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit: Three new cases
- Renfrew County and District Health Unit: Seven new cases
This story will be updated. CTV News Ottawa will have the latest as it becomes available.
View original article here Source