OTTAWA — Public Health Ontario is reporting 16 new cases of COVID-19 in Ottawa.
Across the province, the provincial health agency reported 355 new cases of COVID-19, 581 newly resolved cases, and said 13 more Ontarians have died due to COVID-19.
More than 9,000 Ontarians have died of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
Outside of Ottawa, two new cases were reported in the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit on Saturdays. Zero cases were reported in the other public health units in eastern Ontario.
A full local snapshot from Ottawa Public Health is due this afternoon. Figures from OPH often differ from those provided by Public Health Ontario because the two health agencies pull data for their daily reports at different times of the day.
COVID-19 VACCINES IN OTTAWA
Ottawa Public Health updates vaccine numbers on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
As of June 18:
- Ottawa residents with 1 dose (12+): 673,575 (+10,415 since Wednesday)
- Ottawa residents with 2 doses (12+): 142,312 (+16,278 since Wednesday)
- Total doses received in Ottawa: 748,790 (+31,360 Moderna doses on Thursday)
As of Friday, 64 per cent of the total population of Ottawa has had at least one dose and 13 per cent of Ottawa residents have received two doses (71 per cent of Ottawa adults 18+ have received at least one dose)
*Total doses received does not include doses shipped to pharmacies and primary care clinics, but statistics on Ottawa residents with one or two doses includes anyone with an Ottawa postal code who was vaccinated anywhere in Ontario.
COVID-19 TESTING IN OTTAWA
Ottawa’s COVID-19 Testing Taskforce reports 800 swabs were processed at assessment centres in Ottawa on June 17.
A total of 1,912 lab tests were performed in Ottawa on Wednesday.
The average turnaround from the time the swab is taken at a testing site to the result is 18 hours.
Ottawa’s weekly average positivity rate is 2.9 per cent.
There were 25,368 swabs processed across the province in the previous day. The Ministry of Health says that Ontario’s COVID-19 positivity rate stands at 1.4 per cent.
CASES OF COVID-19 AROUND THE REGION
- Eastern Ontario Health Unit: Zero new cases
- Hastings Prince Edward Public Health: Zero new cases
- Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington Public Health: Zero new cases
- Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit: Two new cases
- Renfrew County and District Health Unit: Zero new cases
- Outaouais (Gatineau and western Quebec): Due after 11 a.m.
This story will be updated. CTV News Ottawa will have the latest as it becomes available.
View original article here Source