While a number of stores and amenities will be closed, there’s still plenty you can do with family and friends on Monday, Feb. 17. Here’s what you need to know to plan accordingly.
Here’s what’s closed
- Grocery stores.
- Shopping malls, including Masonville Place and White Oaks Mall.
- LCBO and beer stores.
- London City Hall, provincial government offices and some city services like the Housing Access Centre on Dundas Street.
- London Public Library
- Citi Plaza, including Parks and Recreation and Ontario Works offices.
- Courts Administration and the provincial offences office.
- There will be no garbage collection.
Here’s what’s open
- Most restaurants, coffee shops and bars (call ahead to verify).
- Some drug stores and pharmacies (call ahead to verify).
- Boler Mountain is open from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Fleetway is open from 9:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Flying Squirrel is open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Kidscape is open from 10 a.m to 5 p.m.
- London Children’s Museum is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Museum London is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sky Zone is open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- The Factory is open from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Canada Post mail delivery is running.
- Federal offices.
London Transit will be operating on a Sunday schedule.
For up-to-date route times and schedules check realtime.londontransit.ca
Lace up your skates for a family glide
Free outdoor skating at Victoria Park will run from 10 a.m. until 10 p.m., while skating at the Rotary Rink at Covent Garden Market will run from 11 a.m. until 7 p.m., weather permitting.
Rental skates are available at Victoria Park for $7.00.
The ice course at Storybook Gardens is also open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. with rentals available. This year, they’re also offering a BBQ breakfast and a horse-drawn wagon ride. Entry fees apply.
City of London programs
Carling Heights Optimist Community Centre has a jam-packed schedule of activities:
- Free pancake breakfast from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Craft activities for the kids from 8:30 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.
- Family pickleball from 9 a.m. until 11 a.m.
- Family sports drop-in from 9 a.m. until 11 a.m.
- Basketball drop-in from 11:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m.
- Pickleball drop-in from 11:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m.
Free open gym sessions will be taking place at the South London Community Centre from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Recreational swim is from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
You can rent a pair of skates at the North London Optimist Community Centre during their roller skating hours from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. Adults are $7.50, kids are $5.25.
The Stoney Creek Community Centre YMCA is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.