Calgary police are warning the public that a high-risk offender with a history of sexually assaulting minors has been released from custody after serving a two-year sentence.
Cyril Douglas Apetagon, 39, was released to the Calgary area late last week after serving a 24-month sentence for trespass by night and breaching court orders, police said in a release on Friday.
Apetagon has previously been convicted of breaking and entering to commit sexual assault, accessing child pornography, sexual assault and aggravated assault.
“Apetagon also has a history of sexually assaulting underage males and females who are both known and unknown to him,” police said.
Police issued a warning in 2012 when Apetagon was released after serving four years for sexual assault and break and enter.
He will be closely monitored by the Calgary Police Service’s high-risk offender program.
Police said the decision to issue the warning was made “after careful deliberation and consideration of all related issues, including privacy concerns, in the belief that it is clearly in the public interest to inform members of the community.”
“Members of the public are advised that the intent of the process is to enable them to take suitable precautionary measures and not to embark on any form of vigilante action.”
Apetagon is five feet 10 inches tall, 175 pounds and has a medium build, black hair and brown eyes.
View original article here Source